Here you will find top Home Remedies about How to Get Rid of Mononucleosis Fast.Mononucleosis is a common viral disease prevalent among the adolescents. More than 90% of people suffer from EBV globally before they turn 40.
Wondering how long does it take to get rid of mono? You may suffer from mono symptoms for 2-4 months before the disease cures alone. On the other hand, the intense tiredness may last for a few more days following the virus is away.
There are a few readily available home components and lifestyle hacks to deal with mono viral disease effectively. These herbal remedies for mono and self-help can boost your healing process and help you deal with mono symptoms also.
- 1 Mononucleosis And It’s Discomforts
- 2 Few Of The Symptoms Of Mononucleosis Include:
- 3 Top 12 Natural Treatments To Get Rid Of Mononucleosis
- 4 1. Garlic Juice For Mononucleosis
- 5 2. Coconut Oil For Mononucleosis
- 6 3. Apple Cider Vinegar For Mononucleosis
- 7 4. Honey For Mononucleosis
- 8 5. Warm Salt Water For Mononucleosis
- 9 6. Essential Oils For Mononucleosis
- 10 7. Lemon Juice For Mononucleosis
- 11 8. Probiotics For Mononucleosis
- 12 9. Astragalus Herb For Mononucleosis
- 13 10. Echinacea Herb For Mononucleosis
- 14 11. Licorice Root For Mononucleosis
- 15 12. Cranberries For Mononucleosis
- 16 Added Tips And Lifestyle Hacks To Take Care Of Mononucleosis
Mononucleosis And It’s Discomforts
Mononucleosis is contagious. Mono has a famous nickname-‘kissing disorder .’ It’s because you primarily contact EBV through passing saliva while kissing an infected person. However, EBV isn’t only kissing positive. There are other methods of passing the bodily fluids and spreading this virus.
Included In These Are:
- Sharing silverware; fork, spoon, glass, etc. with an infected person.
- Exposure to coughing and sneezing of an EBV positive individual.
- EBV is transmitted through blood and semen too. Hence sexual intercourse with an EBV sufferer may overtake you also.
- In rare cases through organ transplantations and blood transfusions.
As soon as you are infected with EBV, you might experience the symptoms of mono after 4-7 weeks. Sometimes the virus survives inside your body without manifesting mono symptoms. The symptoms may vary from mild to severe in forms. This viral illness can affect your life and daily activities.
Few Of The Symptoms Of Mononucleosis Include:
- High fever
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Extreme weakness or tiredness
- Appetite loss
- Body or muscle aches
- A sore throat
- A headache
Top 12 Natural Treatments To Get Rid Of Mononucleosis
The prescription treatments such as pain relievers, antibiotics, acyclovir, valacyclovir, and amoxicillin, etc. have the backlash of side effects. Rather than deciding on these dangerous and costly drugs, you need to consider these home remedies.
1. Garlic Juice For Mononucleosis
Garlic is pure to reach kitchen fixing. This super spice may stink and sting but has some dominant medicinal values. Garlic has a long heritage in the Ayurveda as a natural treatment for all types of health issues. Each spoonful of garlic is full of anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties.
Allicin and ajoene are sulfur two central residues in garlic that may efficiently cure mono naturally. Studies have proved significant effects of-of ajoene and allicin in garlic extracts for treating herpes simplex virus 2 and 1.
How To Use:
- Blend 4-5 garlic cloves with 3 cups of plain water.
- Drain the juice and blend a pinch of salt at the fluid.
- Drink this medicinal juice two times per day.
- Alternatively, you can eat raw garlic with your meals provided that you suffer from mono.
2. Coconut Oil For Mononucleosis
Coconut oil comes in the kernel or meat of the coconut oil. There is the unlimited usage of the famous oil in health care and tropical cuisine. The flexibility and medicinal values of coconut oil stem out of its abundant chemical compounds. Coconut oil has an ample supply of 90% saturated fat.
But, coconut fat is Medium Chain Triglycerides or MCT fatty acids. Your body accomplishes this fat in a different way than the animal-based fats. Thus, you don’t have the potential for cardiovascular disease from coconut oil. Your body has little or no inflammatory reaction to this valuable oil.
Apart from a long list of antimicrobial, antiparasitic, vitamin E and K, and antioxidant properties, coconut oil also has potent antiviral actions in your body. It is because coconut oil fatty acids have been comprised of two powerful antiviral agents; malic acid and capric acid. They formulate respectively 50% and 10% of a single drop of coconut oil.
A 1999 study published in the”Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences” shows that lauric and capric acids can clot Herpes virus type 1 and also protect against mononucleosis.
How To Use:
- Warm a tbsp of coconut oil.
- Now gently massage your swollen lymph with the oil.
- You can rub your exhausted and sore muscles also.
- Redo the procedure thrice daily to soothe the swellings and pains of mononucleosis.
- Additionally, consume 1 tbsp of coconut oil to fight the disease internally. It’s possible to make your dishes using coconut oil.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar For Mononucleosis
The medicinal uses of vinegar date back to 5000 year BC in ancient Babylonia. Since then vinegar has versatile applications in most types of home remedies. The good old apple cider vinegar or ACV is a cure ‘ or panacea as a natural remedy. It is a potent mix of fermented apple juice and acetic acid.
ACV supplies you with a robust immune system that may keep the EBV infection in charge of mononucleosis from dispersing and keep it at a distance. Aside from antiviral activities, ACV can efficiently fight off cold, muscle sores, respiratory issues, etc. It’s possible to consume ACV mixed with honey as a drink to relieve mono.
How To Use:
- Add 1 tbsp of organic ACV and two teaspoons of raw honey to one glass of warm water.
- Stir the solution well.
- Consume this beverage twice daily to conquer mono symptoms.
4. Honey For Mononucleosis
Baby is another readily available home ingredient to help you combat mononucleosis. From early time onwards folks have been using raw honey for various household remedies such as colds, cough, fever, respiratory disorders, etc.
The pathogens fighting components in honey make it difficult for the infectious virus to grow and replicate. That is why honey is a potent agent to kill EBV and prevent the symptoms of mono. Baby is also a handy source of probiotics. It may boost your immune system to retrain the activity of this virus in your order.
How To Use:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir the solution thoroughly and drink it.
- Repeat this straightforward process twice per day to see significant improvement in your immune defense against EBV or mononucleosis.
5. Warm Salt Water For Mononucleosis
A very simple salt water bleach is a fantastic cure for relieving some of the mononucleosis symptoms. The main component of salt is sodium chloride. The antiseptic character of salt can combat the herpes virus and restrain its spread.
A sore throat and swollen tonsils are a few of the painful symptoms of mononucleosis. Salt water gargling is an efficient solution to decrease these symptoms and soothe the discomforts and pains.
How To Use:
- In a glass of warm water mix one tablespoon of regular salt.
- Stir the solution thoroughly.
- Now sip the remedy and gargle with it for a while.
- Repeat the procedure many times each day to decrease inflammation due to mono.
6. Essential Oils For Mononucleosis
Essential oils are an authoritative source of anti-inflammatory and antibacterial elements. They can offer compelling alternatives to mono symptoms such as headaches, sore throat, muscle aches, inflammations, swellings, fatigue, etc. Its healing properties are anti-rheumatic, antibacterial and calming components. It’s a potent remedy for your sore throat.
Oregano essential oil is the heart of wild oregano flowers and leaves. This hot and gold herbal oil has two powerful antibacterial properties namely carvacrol and thymol. Both of these components in oregano oil can effectively inhibit EBV or herpes 4. This herbal oil would be the best bet for antiviral effects against EBV. It can limit the growth and spread of the culprit virus. Eucalyptus, tea tree and lavender oil also have potent antiviral and immune boosting properties inside them.
How To Use:
- At a glass of warm water add one tablespoon of oregano oil to two tablespoons of lemon juice plus one tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the solution well.
- Today, eat this potent beverage taking several minutes.
- Instead, fill a capsule with five drops of tea tree oil and eat three times a day.
7. Lemon Juice For Mononucleosis
Lemon juice helps to prevent mono with vitamin C. Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C, phytonutrients, flavonoids, and minerals. These chemicals make lime juice a more potent remedy for inflammations.
Since peppermint is peppermint, it may detoxify your body of harmful pathogens and free radicals. It is the best bet for you to alleviate swollen throat, sore throat, and inflamed tonsils.
How To Use:
- Add five tablespoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
- Stir the solution thoroughly and consume it two times a day for relieving a sore throat.
- Instead, add the same remedy into a glass of warm water, two teaspoons of ACV.
- You’re able to drink the solution before going to bed to eliminate irritation in your throat.
8. Probiotics For Mononucleosis
In case you have a weak immune system, then you’re prone to viral attacks. Probiotics or health-promoting microorganisms in certain foods may improve your immune system of the body. Yogurt, dark chocolate, kefirs are some of the probiotic foods.
The research has shown significant donations of probiotics in stopping the spread, and expansion of viral infections. Some probiotics have substantial contributions to your respiratory and stomach diseases.
How To Use:
- Mix 6 tablespoons of yogurt with one tablespoon of honey
- Eat this sweetened yogurt thrice per day to fight off mononucleosis and its symptoms.
9. Astragalus Herb For Mononucleosis
Astragalus has a long tradition of healing in ancient China. This potent herb can strengthen your immune system to ward off against EBV infection or mononucleosis.
The three primary antiviral substances in Astragalus are polysaccharides, flavonoids, and saponins. These properties may effectively fight inflammations and viral diseases.
How To Use:
- Boil a few astragalus roots for 15 minutes.
- Now strain the astragalus tea in a cup and add four drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Stir the solution and consume it twice per day per week.
- You’ll see significant progress in mono symptoms over a week.
10. Echinacea Herb For Mononucleosis
Echinacea is another powerful herb that you can use to cure mononucleosis disease naturally. This healing herb includes lively antiviral, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Echinacea can boost your immune defense against EBV infection. It can prevent the recurrent attacks of these ailments and mono symptoms such as muscle aches, sore throats, and swellings in the neck.
How To Use:
- Heat a cup of water and then boil a handful of dried Echinacea leaves.
- Once 10 minutes strain the solution and add one tablespoon of lemon juice in it.
- Consume this Echinacea tea thrice daily to suppress the mono symptoms and improve your immune defense against the infection.
- As an alternative, you can soak a bit of fabric on Echinacea solution and provide your swollen lymph a hot compress. The warmth will reduce the inflammations.
11. Licorice Root For Mononucleosis
Licorice root is part and parcel of Indian herbal clinic and Chinese herbal medicines. Its active component -triterpenoid functions as a natural antiviral agent and immune booster to resist the rise of EBV and mononucleosis infection.
This herbal origin can keep toxins off and protect your white blood cells out of contaminations. Licorice roots can facilitate the swollen lymph nodes and sore throat.
How To Use:
- Heat a cup of water and boil a couple of licorice roots for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add 3 tbsp of lime juice and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Stir the solution thoroughly and then consume it.
- Repeat the procedure two times per day to see superior results in a week.
12. Cranberries For Mononucleosis
The yummy and yum cranberries have their contribution to treating mono as well! They are quite well-known for their fantastic performances in solving viral diseases.
The antibacterial properties of cranberries will be the key players here. They can help to diminish the bacteria causing mono. The vitamins of cranberries boost up the immune system and also encourage quicker relief in the disease.
How To Use:
- Mix one cup of cranberry juice with six to seven cups of water.
- Drink the very first cup before breakfast and finish the rest throughout the day.
- Repeat daily till you get substantial results.
Added Tips And Lifestyle Hacks To Take Care Of Mononucleosis
Self-care is the best approach to manage mono naturally. Here are some lifestyle hacks that will assist you to ward off this infection effectively. A few of the tips can help you stop mono before it starts its havoc.
- Mono-infection makes you exhausted and tired. Thus, rest is essential to decrease the consequences of mononucleosis infection. Take enough rest whenever you’re down with this disease. Don’t force your self and indulge in physical activities. Take naps throughout the night and uninterrupted sleep during the night.
- Water or some other healthy drinks can flush out the toxic components out of your entire body and accelerate the recovery procedure. You should stay hydrated by consuming coconut juice, and herbal tea if affected by mono-infection.
- Avoid sports or games that need physical connections with other players.
- Regrettably, you have to steer clear of kissing and sexual intercourse while down with this disease.
- Prevent physically straining exercises and weightlifting throughout mono-infection. Otherwise, you may injure your spleen.
- Eat and drink in separate utensils to avoid the infection from spreading.
- Prevent smoking and consuming alcohol from escaping this inflammation faster.
- Insert foods that are rich in magnesium, potassium and vitamin B12 properties into your diet.